Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Code.org

I got to spend the day with a bunch of other great teachers working through code.org's great materials. Going to workshops like this make me miss my classroom. There are many great tools for teachers to use to help get their kids interested in coding at a young age. In this workshop, Teri @TeriSueH was the teacher and we were the students. We got time to play through the different levels code.org offers online. We also had some time to expierence and teach "unplugged" coding lessons. My group taught a lesson on graphing and we were students on a lesson about music. Check out the awesome rap we made using #AutoRap http://www.smule.com/p/256434924_69942815 My take away from the day.... Code.org has many great activities to help your students start thinking coding without using technology and some great online tools for all students, even our young ones who can not read yet! Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment