Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Bitsbox




A few weeks ago, I learned about a subscription box that teaches kids to code. On the website I learned the company was started by a couple of dads, who use to work at Google,  to chase their dreams and build stuff for their kids. They created Bitsbox!

In celebration of Computer Science Education week they had a sign up for teachers to try it for free! When I signed up, I also signed up for their news letter. Yesterday I got an email with a great explanation of what coding is, exactly.

Here is what I learned " Programming is the act of writing a computer program, and computer programs are written in code. Because of this, many people say "coding" instead of "programming", but they mean the same thing. You'll sound cooler if you say "coding"." To learn more visit their site.


No comments:

Post a Comment