Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Education Reading Club



Who wants to join a collaborative research community!?


via GIPHY


👇👇👇👇👇
Signup here if you do.

Once a month Edji will share out an educational article nominated by a fellow reader. We'll share our ideas in the text and, at the end of the month, in a video chat!
I shared https://circlcenter.org/computational-thinking/ as an option I would like to explore!
Let's see if it gets picked. 🤞🤞


Do you know Edji?


Edji readings revolve around your students interacting with text through comments. As they read, students highlight interesting or important parts of the text and leave a comment to express their thoughts about it.

Comments can be written with text or strings of Emoji that convey complex thoughts. You can see all comments being made in real time to keep an eye on what your students are thinking.

I met Will, and the Edji team, at Startup Weekend EDU 2016. The year we attended it was held at Flipgrid. Learn more about Edji here https://edji.it/#/about#top .


We started in a large group listening to how Startup Weekend would run.



Then we had to line up and pitch our ideas. I liked Will's idea, but I was there for another reason. I wanted to create a platform to manage professional development.





Will's idea was picked and his team worked on Edji over the next few days. I had enough people interested in helping make my dream come true too.



In the end, I built Ermaire for two years until we decided to shut it down. Will, kept going with Edji and it is a successful app that people are using still to this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment