Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Ermarie - The story of helping teachers organize their professional learning





My goal : To allow educators to focus on being an educator by creating a platform to simplify the professional learning documentation and licensure process.

My solution: Participate in Startup Weekend Edu, create a program, and share with the world. Then, branch off for other professions that document learning.

End Result: Two years of hard work, experience as a cofounder of a startup, international team work, interaction with 400 active users, the hard decision to call this a good experience and move on .. for now.. and much more!

My story:
Ever since I started teaching and tracking my professional learning in a binder, spreadsheet, and Google Drive, I thought "there has to be a better way to do this." I pitched the idea of creating a platform to help to anyone who would listen (many people), they all thought it was a great idea, but no on wanted to build it. I finally decided it was time for me to do something with my idea. I proposed  it at Startup Weekend EDU, formed a team, built a prototype, and continued on for two years building Ermaire with a cofounder!

What I learned (eventual goal is to create a new blog post for each lesson and continually add to the list):
  • Build, publish, gather feedback, adjust, repeat.
  • I have an entrepreneur mindset, but at this point in my life I need to see immediate impact in education.
  • I analyze, I learn, I share, I reflect, I build, I connect.
  • I enjoy working on a team.
  • I use a variety of techniques to stay organized.
  • I enjoy networking and learning from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment