Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2019

New adventure at Tufts!

(Images found on Pinterest) 

Too many quotes to pick just one so why not share them all!

I am excited to share that I have started a new position at Tufts University as a Program Manager for the Early Childhood Technology (ECT) Certificate Program. I have learned a lot over the past 10 years at an educator in the St.Cloud Area School District 742 and am grateful for the opportunity to continue learning while at Tufts!

I have been following the work of the DevTech Research group for years. The research that has come out of the lab has changed the way I think about learning and teaching. I found the ECT program a year ago and would have applied to the program had I not been offered this position! I have been thinking a lot about Positive Technological Development (PTD) which provides children with the idea that technology can be used to make a better world, learning by doing, and powerful ideas. All of these are included in the certificate and I look forward to connecting with others looking to dig deeper. 

Dr. Amanda Sullivan worked hard to create the ECT program and I am honored to take on the role of the program manager. I have followed Amanda's work  with her focus on girls in STEM and I am looking forward to her book coming out this fall Breaking the STEM Stereotype: Reaching Girls in Early Childhood

Interested in learning more about what I will be doing? Keep reading!
See a more detailed history of my work experience on LinkedIn


What will you be doing?:

My new position is the Program Manager for the Early Childhood Technology (ECT) Graduate Certificate Program in the Eliot- Pearson Dept. of Child Study & Human Development at Tufts University

ECT is a blended-learning (online and in-person) program that introduces students to best practices teaching with technology in early childhood in a developmentally appropriate way that focuses on playful learning. Additionally, this program develops students’ pedagogical approaches and their understanding of student learning through integrated curricula that includes the arts and literacy as well as STEM.

Learn more about it here  http://go.tufts.edu/ECT 

Do you want to signup for the program!? Applications are open until August 1, 2019!

See what it looks like by following the ECT Twitter account.

Prof. Marina Umaschi Bers, is my boss. You may know her work, here are a few things we have probably talked about in the past:

Where will you be working?:
The Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development is one of the country's leading departments serving children, youth, and families. E-P faculty and students use a strengths-based approach in their research, practice and teaching. We value diversity and are committed to building equity, inclusivity and pursuing justice in schools, services, communities and the world.


Tufts, isn't that in Boston?:
Yes, it is in Boston! Are you planning a trip to the area or do you know someone who lives there? I am new to the area and living about a mile from campus. I don't know a lot of people and would love to meet you or your friends! Whose up for lunch today?! Dinner tomorrow?

I am excited for this next chapter of life! If you have any advice for me, I am all ears! I will continue to share projects I work on through this blog, my personal Twitter and the ECT Twitter account!

No comments:

Post a Comment