Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2018

Picademy - Seattle #picademy

I am heading out to the Picademy in Seattle! Follow along in the Picademy fun on Twitter with #Picademy .

I have one full day of time for tourist activities. For those of you familiar with Seattle, what do you recommend? Send your recommendations quick because tomorrow is the day!


As stated on the website, a Raspberry Pi Certified Educator:

  • Take their passion and expertise back to their educational environments and engage their learners in digital making.
  • Experience making from a learner’s perspective, and use this experience to inform their practice.
  • See computing devices as another material with which to create, rather than as solutions in their own right.
  • Connect with our global community of educators to share the opportunities, experiences, and challenges that are part of computing and digital making.
  • Continue to seek opportunities to develop their own subject knowledge, and to engage, inspire, and train other educators.


I have a few goals for my time at Picademy:

  1. Make connections with educators from across the United States. 
    1. Like with most new tools I use, it is great to be part of a community. I am hoping to create connections in person and via #picademy with people that I can continue to stay in touch with and learn with even after the in person event.
  2. Plan one lesson. 
    1. I will do my best to focus on one lesson that I can implement and not get overwhelmed with all of the goodness Raspberry Pi has to offer. I want to have something that I can take back and share with other educators and students.
  3. Share my learning.
    1. I feel incredibly fortunate that I get to attend the Picademy. If you would like to attend one too, watch the website for open applications. I will do my best to document my learning on this blog and Tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment